Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pineapple chicken

This was one of my first recipes that I tried and it is now a regular favorite with Tyler and I. I got this recipe from the net so here it is:


Ingredients
  • 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 1/2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple, drained
  • 1 large orange, sliced in rounds
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions
  1. Spray large frying pan or electric skillet with vegetable spray. Brown chicken breasts in pan, meat side down.
  2. Turn chicken over; add pineapple chunks, onion soup, and water.
  3. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cooked pineapple chunks and fresh orange slices.       
Serve over white rice. (Hint: I opted to not do the orange, no one knew or noticed) (Hint: I also sauteed a fresh onion with the chicken and added it to the mix it was deff needed)

         






No comments:

Post a Comment