Saturday, October 1, 2011

Blueberry-Banana muffins with a cinnamon and sugar frosting

Okay, I am SO excited to share this recipe with everyone! I was really in the mood to bake something but didn't want to go to the grocery store and buy ingredients, so I was looking through all my cupboards and came across all the ingredients I needed for Blueberry-Banana muffins with a cinnamon and sugar frosting.

I did learn a good lesson tonight, I absolutely need to be more patient and read my recipes slowly and follow the directions step by step! I was just cruising right along and not paying attention to the recipe and I added the blueberries way to early and almost had a smashed blueberry mess. Luckily I have watched my mom recover from baking emergencies and I saved the poor blueberries :).

Baking lesson of the night: Follow the recipe, there's a reason I still need recipes to follow!

Blueberry-Banana muffins with a cinnamon and sugar frosting :

What you'll need:

2 cups Original Bisquick mix
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mashed very ripe banana (2 medium)
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Cinnamon and Sugar Frosting

What you'll need:

1/4 cup Cinnamon and Sugar combined
1/4 cup butter or margarine

How it's done:

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees
2. Stir Bisquick, oats, sugar, bananas, milk and eggs in large bowl until moistened. Beat vigorously 30 seconds. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour in to 12 muffin tins. Make sure and use muffin papers or grease the muffin cups.
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 mins.

How the icing is done:

1. Heat butter on low or in microwave until melted.
2. Pour in cinnamon and sugar mix. Stir until well blended.
3. Pour over warm muffins and let cool. (Make sure and take muffins out of muffin tin to cool, or they will get soggy.)

These are so yummy and so easy even Tyler helped and said he couldn't believe how easy they were to make. Hope you enjoy!







                                                                                                                                                                                     

          
                                               
                                                                                                                                           
 

No comments:

Post a Comment