Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

So if you know anything about me you know I do not eat leftovers, I don't know why I just am not a fan of reheating the same thing I ate for dinner the night before. I am figuring out though if I use the leftovers in something else I really like it because I am saving money by using leftovers and it tastes good but different. I am actually finding it really rewarding to make my leftovers into a totally different dinner.
Okay so I am going to give you the recipe as it calls for the ingredients, but I didn't make it this way. I used our left over Alfredo Chicken mixture from the crock pot recipe that I posted right before this one. It worked perfectly! It was the right amount of liquid and chicken, and then I added the veggies and cooked diced potatoes, as well as one more can of cream of chicken, and then put my Bisquick mix just as it calls for.

So basically instead of the milk and chicken broth I used the Alfredo mix, it was really yummy and a great use of leftovers!

Here's what you'll need:

  • 2 cans cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.
  • 1 can of chicken broth
  • 4 cups diced and seasoned COOKED chicken.
  • 1 bag of frozen veggies, thawed and drained.
  • 10 Small Red potatoes, cooked and diced.
  • 2 1/2 cups Bisquick mix
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 egg

Here's how it's done:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a large saucepan heat soup, broth, chicken, veggies, and potatoes until they come to a boil.
  3. Pour chicken mixture in a 3qt casserole dish.
  4. Stir together Bisquick mix, egg, and milk, until you get a smooth mixture.
  5. Pour Bisquick mix over top of the chicken mixture in casserole dish.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.

Here's how its done if you are using leftover Alfredo Mix:

What you'll need:

  • Leftover Crock-pot Chicken Alfredo Mix
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup mix
  • 10 baby Red potatoes cooked and diced
  • 1 bag of frozen veggies, thawed and drained.
  • 2 1/2 cups Bisquick mix
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 egg
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
  1. In a large saucepan combine leftover Alfredo sauce and chicken mixture, veggies, and potatoes.
  2. Heat and bring to a boil.
  3. Pour chicken mixture into a 3qt casserole dish.
  4. Stir together Bisquick mix, egg, and milk, until you get a smooth mixture.
  5. Pour Bisquick mix over top of the chicken mixture in casserole dish.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.

Let cool for about 5 minutes.

We always eat cottage cheese with our store bought pot pies, so I served this with some cottage cheese as well. It was really yummy and so filling!!


 Chicken mixture

 Mixture with Bisquick mix on top

 Finished product!!

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment